WHAT TYPES OF PLUMBING SYSTEMS REQUIRE A BACKFLOW PREVENTOR TO BE INSTALLED?
Backflows are required by law to protect the potable water from contamination on plumbing systems that frequently lead to backflow or back siphon age. These include:
- Cooling Towers
- Swimming Pools
- Fire Sprinklers
- Lawn Irrigation
- Hose Bibbs
- Industrial or Restaurant Systems that require Water
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE TO MAINTAIN BACKFLOW EQUIPMENT?
Commercial and Residential properties are required to install and maintain backflow equipment to protect the potable water system. Annual testing is required to be performed by Licensed and Certified Backflow Prevention Technician to ensure assemblies are operating properly to protect portable water from contamination.
Several of the Local Water Utilities have excellent information on-line explaining backflows, backflow prevention and device inspections.
To see WSSC’s video about the importance of Backflow Prevention
HOW WATER MANAGEMENT CAN ASSIST?
Water Management has Licensed Plumbers and Certified Backflow Prevention Technicians to service and install Backflow devices in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Water Management’s Backflow Preventer Services include:
- Backflow Prevention Device Consultation
- Backflow Preventer Installation and Replacement
- Backflow Preventer Repair
- Backflow Preventer Testing, Tagging and Maintenance
- Backflow Preventer Paperwork Submission to Water Utility
- Overall Backflow Inspection and Evaluation
Backflow Service Request Form